The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A quick note about yesterday's post: NaNoWriMo, for those that don't know, is a challenge to write a novel (50,000 words) during the month of November. Yes, it's crazy, but a ton of fun and a great accomplishment. It doesn't have to be a great novel, it doesn't have to win a prize, and depending who you ask, it doesn't even have to make a lot of sense - it just has to be 50,000 words of fiction written in 30 days. The link in the post below should be working now if you want to get more info (or participate!). I'm trying to sell Anna on the idea of participating but she's carefully ignoring me, lol. Apparently she's not as big on writing as she is on gambling....

Now a rant. My bed is still not here. I've been checking FedEx.com with that tracking number I was given last week and it always comes back no info. So I called FedEx tonight. The tracking number is too short. He looked it up by my address. Nothing. Grrrrrr!!!!! I know it's still sitting in the warehouse somewhere! I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow! This is beyond ridiculous. If I hadn't already been waiting so long and didn't want the thing so much, I'd be tempted to tell them to forget it. Oh yes, and if they hadn't taken my money a month ago! I'm pretty sure the problem is the manufacturer and not the retail outlet. So even if I ordered the same piece elsewhere, I don't know it would make a difference.

I think I've chosen 2 more projects for my 50 project challenge. Sweetheart Tree's I Love Strawberries (a little tiny kit I bought at CATS Burbank) and a Mill Hill snowman kit. They're little and quick and will make me feel better, lol.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks for the info on the writing....neat idea, not that I'm given to much prose unless you count the ramblings of a menopausal woman! LOL Yaaayyy on the little quick stitches.....make sure we get to see the snowman, I LOVE Mill Hill kits (also explains why I'm on the wagon).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home