The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's that time again...

The countdown to NaNoWriMo has begun! Wooohooo!!! I can't wait. I was not able to finish last year, but I really hope to this year. Last year, I got a little more than halfway (26k), but due to the death of my grandmother, spending Thanksgiving out of town and being restricted to library computers (and hours) for writing time, I didn't quite make it to the win. The major advantage I had last year is I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. This year, I have no clue.

This year, I have my own computer, but I also am working full time and I wasn't last year. I work in a call center, you think I can sneak in some words while explaining how to get a driver's license release for the 15th time? The solution to that by the way is to support your children like a responsible adult! And the bigger problem with writing at work is I don't want it on my monitored work computer and I don't think we're really supposed to use our own disks. Although I do know people who do school work on their lunch hour, so....

I really hope there will be no deaths in my family. My grandmother's was long in coming and quite expected by that time.

So who else is in? The board (besides the NaNo boards) I was using for support last year has closed, so I need some new NaNo friends here. You all can do it! Count it as one of your project challenge finishes :) Hey, now that's not a bad idea....if I make 50,000 it counts, and if not, I'll replace it with a stitching project.

Come on November 1!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Sounds like a good plan to me for The Challenge!!! Though, forgive my lack of knowledge, what is NaNo? Don't you just love it when people like me ask such dumb questions? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home