The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Monday, July 03, 2006

My mom called tonight and said she's staying in Ohio an extra 2 weeks. Which means she won't be home for my birthday. Sigh. I talked to another friend tonight and she might come down that weekend. That'll be fun if we can arrange it.

My birthday means a new start. I think Deepest Love is finally going to win this year. I've been wanting to stitch her for ages and she always gets pushed down the list somehow. But this is her year. In fact, I better kit her tomorrow so I can order anything I'm missing while the 4th of July sales are on ;)

Here's proof that I actually finish stuff sometimes:

Image hosted by Webshots.com

I finished this on Tuesday last week and have it on my desk at work. I love the way the framing came out. I really should frame more of my stuff. It really adds to the enjoyment of the finished piece. I really like seeing it everyday when I get to my desk. I think next up will be the wedding piece, and since it's Holidays in July on the Mira board, maybe I'll pull out Elf Fairy and finish her.

You ever have a piece that you just don't enjoy stitching on and you don't know why? Elf Fairy is that piece for me. Here's my progress on her:

Image hosted by Webshots.com

But I just don't enjoy working on her. Which has made me reluctant to shell out the money for the other 2, although I think they're both really cute too. I don't know what it is, but I just feel like I'm slogging along on her. Perhaps these will be my July stitching goals: Finish the wedding piece and finish Elf Fairy. Along with start Deepest Love. Please cheer me on! I think I'll really need it!

Quick programming note here: for both of you that read it, I've moved my Christian blog over to Xanga. It can now be found here

Happy 4th of July everyone! And happy birthday America!

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Stitcher S said...

Hi Laurel,
Just checking in and please know I'm thinking of you in light of your post on the Wagon.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home