The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Got the money!

I received the money from my mom today. I opened a savings account at the bank to put it in so I won't spend it! I also arranged to have some money deducted from my account each month and added to my savings. I've volunteered to work some Saturday overtime at work, so perhaps when that money hits my check, I'll put that in savings too.

My job is planning a turnaround trip to Stateline at the end of July and my friend has finally agreed to go with me! Stateline, for those who don't know, is right on the CA/NV border and has gambling, shopping, etc. The Gala committee at work (I think they put on the Christmas party) is doing it as a fundraiser. I asked my friend if she wanted to go and she said yes, but she was concerned about leaving her car parked at my job all day, as it isn't the greatest area of town. Well, she finally worked that out and agreed to go, and we're all paid up for the trip now! Should be great fun, if exhausting. We leave at 6am and get home at midnight...methinks church will not be in the plans for the next day!

Come to think of it, she paid for the trip for me for my birthday...the trip falls right before hers too...need to think up something for her birthday now...

In stitching news, I signed up for EGA's group correspondence course Meadowsweet. NeedleArts is sponsoring it so I don't have to try to drum up interest in my chapter and I don't have to coordinate it! I just have to send in my forms and my money (done) and stitch! I've wanted to do this class for a while, even when I was still doing Chess Anyone, but I didn't want to take on another obligation then, and since Chess Anyone, I've been avoiding obligation stitching all together! I guess I made an exception this time. So now I'm gonna see if I can StRIP a project or 2 from this pile of 41 before I start this class!

For weekend stitching, I'm working on the wedding piece, and I think I'll do a Sue Hillis freebie Big Girl Panties. I found this by way of a certain creative lady and thought it was too cute. I kitted it up from my stash last night. I might do the Big Boy Shorts one another time and put them both on my desk at work. I think the snowman at the bottom is too cute too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home