The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Might have to get a bit creative....

In my goal to be out by July 1.

My mom just booked her flight to go to my cousin's wedding in Ohio, and she will be gone for a month in June and July. Why she's spending the money to go to this wedding, I don't know. I don't know that you could pay me enough to attend this wedding. (This is the cousin who I blogged about a few weeks ago that barely said 2 words to me at our grandma's funeral, and ignored us at her film reception.)I think she wants to see her younger brother and she went to both his sons' weddings so she feels obligated to go to this one for her middle brother's daughter.

So she'll be gone on July 1. So here's Laurel trying to move out without being able to drive a car to move stuff in. My mom told me just now that we'll practice in her car so I can have a license before she leaves. We'll see about that. I guess my faith in my ability to pass the test by then is not high. In any case, my goal remains to be out on July 1, with or without a license. If need be, my friends will help me move, I know they will. Anna will anyway. She can drive my station wagon if I can't, as I don't see so much of my stuff fitting in her little Corolla!

So those apartment listings I was looking at over the weekend. I called one today. Apparently if I don't plan to move until July 1, May 25 is too soon to be calling. He plans to have the apartment filled by then. I kind of expected that, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to start looking. But he did tell me something useful. I now know how much money I should plan to have to put down at the lease signing, not to mention having to hire a moving truck! Time to start pinching those pennies a little tighter. Where's that crazy glue for the wagon? I really need to stop spending money like it was water.

I could use everyone's good thoughts and prayers on this! The more I think about it, the more I really want to make this happen! Perhaps I'll host the SoCal group in late summer or early fall :)

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Karoline said...

Good luck Laurel, I hope all your plans come together

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Good luck with your move! And just FYI, it's possible to move in a corolla, just very difficult ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home