The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Getting my life back!

I got my transfer back to the 8:00 shift at work! Yahootie!! This 10-6:30 shift is just not working well for me. All I do is work and sleep. I get home at 8, eat dinner, play on the puter for a while and go to bed at 10:30 or so. Get up, repeat cycle. I'm quite excited to go back to 8:00, because while I have to get up an hour earlier, I'm gaining like 2 hours of time at night since I'll get home at 6.

So this move means I'm losing my built-in stitching time every morning, but I wasn't really using it for that lately anyway. Hopefully I'll be gaining that time at night though, if I just discipline myself to get off the computer and stitch! You may have seen on the BB that I packed up all my unstarted kits and leaflets and put them in the garage. I have officially joined the Stash Only Stitchers, and will work on my existing WIPs for the near future at least. (There are plenty of them too! I'm not lacking for things to work on!) Now to come up with some kind of rotation. I'll have to think about that. I've come to the realization that I am a one-at-a-timer until I get tired of it, like Haze posted about a few weeks ago. But I think I will take a small UFO to keep in my desk at work to work on at lunch, or if I have some extra time in the morning.

I'm thinking it might be better to wait until August to move. I think my idea that I could have the money by July was wishful thinking. I *can* have the money by July, the problem is I need to live between now and then and I don't think I can live and have the money ready. So I may be waiting until August. Or maybe late July. We'll see.

In that vein though, I am trying to cut back my expenses. I swear I'm going to stay on the wagon now, after my little daliance on ebay over the weekend, and I've started bringing my lunch to work instead of going out with my friends everyday like I was doing. It's funny because they're both so proud of me, lol, because they keep saying they're going to start bringing lunch too! Except that I have and they haven't, lol! I'll probably need to cut back my Kelly's/Starbucks habit as well. This whole limited resource thing really sucks, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home