The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wish I had more time...

On the books that is. Of course, more time in the day wouldn't hurt either! Or less of it spent working. Anyway, not my point.

Last summer a friend of mine from work (from the first time I worked at my employer!) had a stroke and he's been out on medical leave ever since. My other friend and I went to see him in the hospital one day last summer. Now that I'm back working there, I got an email yesterday asking for donations of leave for him since he's exhausted all his paid leave. Sigh. I wanted to donate, but I can't. I don't have enough time on the books yet. :( It's no fault of my own, I just haven't been there long enough to accrue enough time. I just feel bad. He's a great guy and I hate it that he's been sick for so long. I'd love to be able to help him out, and since I don't have any contact info for him, this would have been good. Sigh again. My friend said she'd try to donate for him. I hope she can.

In other news, I did put some stitches in that UFO wedding piece for my friend tonight. Very few, but some is better than none.

And with that, I'm off to bed. I've got to learn to get to bed before 11!

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger paculina said...

I'm not sure you can subscribe here like you can with Xanga. My blog is pinged though, so if you add it to your list you'll be able to see when I have a new post.

And you only need to hit the post button once my dear! ;) If you double click you get double posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home