The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The official count is 41

I went through my WIP box last night and entered all the pieces into an Excel spreadsheet. The official count is 41. Yikes! 34 are cross stitch, 5 are needlepoint and 2 are candlewicking. Now to come up with some kind of plan to whittle that number down. I don't have one yet, but I'll tell you how *not* to plan a rotation unless you really like all the candidates. Do not allow Excel's random number generator to pick for you. Reeeeaally bad rotation that way if you have some pieces you don't particularly like to work on. (I think I'll make those my work pieces. That way they get some progress, but I only have to work on them for short periods.) Besides that, I have no idea how I'm going to work on these. I guess what would help more than fussing with plans and rotations on paper is to sit down and actually stitch on something!

After church.

I got my Japanese Octagon Box kit in the mail yesterday! I printed out the first 4 parts of the chart, but I don't know when I'll start. I do want to start and try to get caught up, but I don't need yet another WIP! Now, I do have a ritual of starting a new piece on my birthday, which is coming up in July, but I was kinda thinking about starting Deepest Love then. So I'm not sure what will happen to the Octagon Box. Although I somehow think that I should really get Judy O'Dell's book before I start stitching. I just have the idea if I don't I'll regret it.

Now just stalking the postman for Remember 9/11, although I don't expect to get that for a few more weeks. Karen at ABCStitch said they had to order the threads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home