The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

So I haven't been posting here. Sorry. I've been feeling a bit discouraged with my blog lately. I feel like no one reads it, so why bother posting. Now I know that's just my perception and people do read, right?

An update on me:

My job is going very well so far. My supervisor tells me I'm doing very well. I just had my first review and the thing I need to work on is keeping better control of the call and keeping the calls shorter. I tend to let the person go on too long. I hate interrupting people! I posted on the BB a while back about the time she called me. Well, we have a new trainee on our team (from the class behind me) and she's been doing side-by-side with the back-up supervisors and one of the girls from my class. Last week that girl comes over and tells me after lunch the new trainee is going to be sitting with me! I wasn't sure whether to be flatter or afraid, my supervisor assured me I should be flattered. :) The new girl is very nice and she's doing very well so far.

I got my table for my chessboard back about 2 weeks ago. It's still in the garage. My task today is to clean my room. I'm not doing very well at it. I have worked on it some and it looks better but I still have a loooong way to go! Even when it's clean, I'm not sure where I'm going to put the table.

One of the major things I need to do in this room clean is get rid of stuff! OMG, I have soooo much stuff. Mostly stash. Lots of stash. I think I will sort through it, offer it to a friend and then put it up on the BB. I keep ordering new stuff, so I think it's time to get rid of some of the older stuff that I know I won't stitch.


Speaking of stitching, I was doing some for a while. Working on Quaker Gameboard. I got tired of that, went to stitch on something else for a bit and stopped stitching instead. Been doing much more buying than stitching! I need to work out a rotation or something that fits into my schedule. I'm not sure what though. This schedule is killing me, I can't wait to go back to 8:00! (Got my fingers crossed for June!) I have so much I want to work on and finish to make room for new projects, but it seems like I have no time. And no comfortable place to sit in my house to stitch! I get frustrated sometimes that I can't finish all these old projects as fast as I'd like, but then I feel overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of old projects I haven't finished and the amount of new ones I'd like to start! Something has to give! Although I suppose not stitching at all isn't the answer either....sigh.

Anyway, I'll try to post more often. And be sure to check out Theology After Midnight sometimes too! Leave me a comment, agree, disagree, whatever. I want to hear from you!

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations on the good review Laurel

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said...

I read your blog too, or check to see if there's anything new to read (though I'm not great about updating mine either)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home