The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

BB politics I guess?

This makes me mad. There's a stitching BB that I recently started reading and posting to a little bit. After I started posting, I guess the board became membership by approval only. Since I was starting to read it regularly, I tried to add it to my favorites. It would add, but then would disappear. I thought maybe it was an ezboard glitch (not uncommon, right?) So then I noticed a link on the board to add to my favorites. I clicked it. I got a page saying membership by invitation only, and if you're not invited, don't bother to apply. What?!?! So then why is the admin of the board advertising it all over? Why does she have a link in her sig? If I'm good enough to post and increase her membership numbers and keep her costs down by being an ezsupporter, what's the big deal about adding the board to my favorites?There are several other things that irk me about this board, and I'm reconsidering my desire to even be part of it, but what's the point of having a board and advertising it if you only want to allow certain people in anyway?

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger WhizGidget said...

It's either BB politics, or the owner of the board is about to get snarky on something/someone you know on another board and wants to eliminate these things getting around.

That and they would have control over who sees what if it were MBA and could maintain the lovely illusion of privacy...

And that's why I don't use MBA...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home