The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Calling customer service...

You think these things would be common sense, but apparently not. If you're going to call customer service for something, here's some hints for you!

Be prepared to hold! Call when you have time to hold and then talk about your issue. Believe it or not, you're not the only customer on the phone and you will have to hold.

Know your account number and be prepared to verify your information. And don't argue with the agent over this! They do it to protect you!

Have a pen ready!

Know what you want to ask. If you're calling because you received a piece of mail, have that piece of mail in front of you. Telling the agent you left the paper at home, and you don't know what it said doesn't help!

And please be polite! It's not the agent's job to take abuse from you and it's not their fault you're having problems.

And that's this morning's PSA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home