The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Some loose ends from other days

Does anyone respond to comments in their blog? If so, how? Posting a comment yourself? Email? Addressing it in your blog? Not responding at all?

Anyway, in response to a comment to yesterday's post, I am talking about Needlepoints West in Los Angeles. Unlike Anna though, I've always thought that the old owner was pretty even-handed with needlepoint and cross stitch. She does both herself, and is actually more of a cross stitcher than a needlepointer. She carried quite a bit of both and I never felt any bias from her. The new owner, however,is apparently almost strictly a needlepointer. I guess we'll just see what happens.

I went to the temp agency today. She actually offered me an assignment, but I'm going to have to pass on it, because I just can't get there. :( I can't get the bus schedules to work out. I have one route that would barely get me there on time on paper, but in reality would get me there late. Well, hopefully she'll come up with another assignment for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to stay home and stitch and not run around! On Monday, I went to the interview, and then went out to Cost Plus to get some boxes. I wanted a box to store supplies in, like scissors and needles and such, and I also wanted a box to store my finished pieces in. I got some matching rattan boxes in different sizes for those purposes, and I also picked up a caned box that I thought was cool, but I'm not sure what I'll use it for. I do want to leave it at home and not travel with it because cane seems to be rather fragile and I don't want it to break. Yesterday was the previously discussed trip to the LNS and today was the trip to the temp agency. Tomorrow, I'm going to run my late RR to the post office, get some food from the farmer's market, and that's it! And stitch on my chessboard while watching the Olympics. I have 2 squares partially done that I want to finish.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Laurel. Several people respond to their own comments, or send e-mails. I do both. On the job front, how are you coming with your drivers' license? That'll make it easier :) Hugs.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Laurel, I kind of do a combination of the three. If it's a question I feel that others are curious about (ie, if I was too vague), I usually will clear it up in my next blog entry. I have commented back to my own blog (although I don't think people go back and read that), but if it's something that I feel warrants a response, I'll email the person. :) Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy your day of stitching!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home