The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Well, it's coming along

I've gotten some of this HTML stuff worked out now, thanks to Karen. I still need to go and set a mood. I'm disappointed to see that 1-click blogrolling doesn't seem to work with AOL though, since I don't think I can add to my toolbar like with IE or Netscape. This blogging thing is like having a new toy. I've been up for 3 hours now and I've done nothing but sit at the computer and read the BBs and play with my blog. How's that for productive? 

I suppose I should really do something about a job today. And get started on my weekly allotment of the chessboard, since I've yet to touch it this week. I'm working on finishing up my piece for my seasonal exchange partner, so I should do that too. So much to do and so hard to leave the computer!

This piece for the exchange is my first attempt at finishing work. I definitely need more practice! I actually had it done at one point but I was less than thrilled with it. After seeing the beautiful scissor case and fob she made for me (Thanks Shannon!), and how nice her finishing was, I decided to take mine apart and try again. There was too much fabric in the lining, so I unstitched it, cut off some of the fabric and restitched it. It's much better now! Still not perfect, but for my first attempt, better. There's probably still a bit too much fabric in the lining :\  Anyone know how to prevent that?

I reassembled the piece, and now I'm attaching the cording. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the day! And now I'm thinking I need to finish that Shepherd's Bush fob I started, both because I need the finishing work practice and because the paint on the scissors is chipping because I've been using them so much! lol!

Off to lunch for me. And then I'll even try to do something productive!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Hey, you set a mood! Good job!!!! Your blog looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home