The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Chess Anyone?

I went to EGA last night and one of my buddies in this blackwork chessboard class came with her finished project in hand. Sigh. She's done. I'm jealous. It's beautiful though. Since I'm coordinating the class and responsible for turning them in, she gave it to me to hold on to to mail, so now I can take it out and drool over it whenever I want. I'll try not to drool right on her piece, lol.

So I'm getting close to halfway on my own piece. The newest progress report:

Completed squares of 64: 30
Completed patterns of 32: 10 complete, 2 half done
Completed pawns of 88: 6
Completed knights of 4: 0
Completed bishops of 4: 0

I'll probably work on it tomorrow and finish a square and a half or so. Over the weekend I'll have to take a break and stitch my round robin ornament. I started it on Tuesday and have to frog it already. Doh!

I need that forehead emoticon up there, I'll have to learn how to use emoticons. I checked out some smiley sites, but I'm not sure if I can just use the code directly off that site, or do I have upload to my own webspace or anything? Is there some issue with stealing bandwidth to watch out for?

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Christine S said...

Laurel, you'd want to download the emoticons/smilies and then upload them to your own webspace. You can then use HTML code to insert the image into your blog entry. Email me if I can help more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home