The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Insane idea...

I posted about this on the BB, but I'm going to talk about it here too. I ordered the table for my chessboard. I had the idea of stitching more gameboards and being able to switch them in and out from the table. I did some looking around the net for charts, and I came up with a few different games. Chess, backgammon, Snakes & Ladders, Rummoli, and Monopoly. I'd like to find a Parcheesi board, but no luck on that yet.

So I've been getting feedback from the BBers, and I've been doing some digging into sizes and such, since the area I have in the table is fixed, and I really like this plan, but scaled back a little bit. I think I might skip the backgammon and Rummoli for now, and just start with Monopoly and Snakes & Ladders. I'd also like to do the Papillon Creations Quaker gameboard, I just love it. I've worked out that the S&L and the Quaker gameboard will fit in the table easily. I'm not sure about the Monopoly board yet, but I have the feeling it's about the same size as my completed chessboard. This could be great fun! I could just create a slot for this in my theoretical rotation, lol. It would create quite a conversation piece whenever I get my own apartment and can display it properly.

Some people stitch all the Mirabilia queens or mermaids, some stitch all of TW's dragons, or all of whatever series of designs you can name. Laurel stitches game boards.




I used to babysit for this family, and the last time I did, like 2 years ago, I left my watch over there. I haven't seen them since then. This morning in church, one of the ladies gave me my watch back, saying she had gone over there to get her taxes done (he's a CPA) and he had given it to her to give to me since he knows we go to church together. lol! It's only been 2 years! He could have mailed it to me or something. But it was a nice surprise to get it back! And it still works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home