The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I ordered it!!!

I did it! I finally ordered the table for my chessboard to go in! I'm so excited. I'm having it custom made from the custom furniture place in town. I feel bad because I had been talking to the guy at the other place and I had planned to order from him, but the custom place can give me exactly what I want and he couldn't. And the price was within what I was expecting to pay, so I went with it. The other place would have been cheaper, but again, I'm getting exactly what I want with this place and it's not that much more expensive.

Anyway, I'm going to have the board set into a table, and the table is going to have a drawer, maybe 2, in it. I chose a dark red-brown wood. She explained that what they do is make a table with a regular top, and then make a second top to go on top of it, and that's the piece the glass is in and my board will go under. That way I can remove it if I decide at some point to display something else or use the table a different way.

I think I'll have to buy myself a digicam so I can post pics when I get it back, lol. And I'll have to clean my room so I have a place to put the table when it's done! I guess it would have been smart to wait until I had my own place or something so I'd have more space to put it, but I have the money now. I might not (read: won't) have the money then.

I received the floss I ordered for TSL's Epiphyllum 2 yesterday. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to start that, start something else (like SB's Heart Blooms) or work on one of my many already existing WIPs. The idea of a new project is appealing, but so is the idea of finishing something. Christmas Elf Fairy is an obvious choice, as it's small and half done already. But I'm just not feeling that project at the moment. Sigh. Even though everyone's finished pics are so cute! And I'm really leaning towards ordering Easter Fairy. The pics of that are too cute too! I was thinking of starting Santa Silhouette, but it didn't come with my floss yesterday like I thought it was. I think Marie did tell me she had to order it though....

I got a St Patricks Day card and pin from my mom. Today. Just a tad late, lol. But it had a pin with a frog on it. I love frogs:)




Does anyone watch the Lineup on FNC weekend? What do you think about Kimberly Guilfoyle? She drives me up the wall! When Jamie Colby or Megyn Kendall or Julie Banderas did it, they would try to give the suspect in whatever case the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty. They tried to stay professional and impartial. They'd say things like "That piece of evidence certainly points to him, but of course we can't convict him on that." Kimberly is like "That says guilty to me! He should be locked up forever!" She doesn't even pretend to be impartial. I wonder if she used to work with Nancy Grace.....

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

LOL I've never seen Lineup - but that does sound *exactly* like Nancy Grace or that lady who fills in for her. Drives me nuts ! (yet I still watch ?)

Your table sounds FABULOUS ! I hope you can take a picture. It's going to be amazing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home