The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I'm still around, believe it or not

I haven't been here in ages, I know. Having to use the library computers just doesn't lend itself to regular blogging. And the mess that is EZboard has made BBing less than thrilling lately. But it's Saturday afternoon, and I have some time so here we go with an update about me. I could use your prayers and good wishes please!

To make a really long story short enough for a blog, my mother is retiring, selling her condo and moving back to Ohio in September temporarily to help take care of my grandma. (Providing my grandma even lives that long! I hope she does, but I don't know what will happen if she doesn't) My aunt and uncle are divorcing and part of the profit from my mother's condo will help my uncle buy out my aunt's half of their house among other things.

Now the part that has me in tears every time the subject comes up is I don't know what I'm going to do. I do not want to move to Ohio and I have no intention of doing so. I want to stay here. The problem is I can't find a job!! I've been going through this for 5 years now and I don't know what the problem is. I keep hearing that it's hard out there, there aren't many jobs, yadda yadda, but I don't think that's the problem. I'm thinking the problem is me. I'm doing something wrong in the interview. I've been on dozens of interviews but I just never seem to get hired. I don't know what's wrong. I'm just so frustrated. It seems like everyone else in the world knows how to get a job and move out and support themselves. It's just stupid Laurel that can't figure it out.

I've gained a good amount of confidence over the past few weeks that I'm not going to be living under the 110 freeway at least. Several of my friends have offered me a place to stay, but the truth is I don't like any of them. Most of them involve moving out of the area and I don't want to do that really. I have one friend here, but I don't particularly want to live with her either. She doesn't really have room for me, and I just don't think it'd be a good idea for me to stay there. I have another friend due to have a baby in August and she wants me to come take care of the baby for her. I wouldn't mind helping her out for a few months, but I don't want to live in Vegas. What I really want is to stay here in LA with a good job, my own apartment and a car, just like any other 27yo woman. I don't think it's really that much to ask!

I just don't know what I'm going to do. So any prayers, ideas, thoughts, anything you can give me would be much appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Maggie Ann said...

If you don't want to move, I wouldn't. Follow your own heart...and pray, believing God will take care of everything..is my advice. In my devo this morning, from Math.6:25 to verse 34., 3 times God says, take no thought, don't be anxious about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Blessings to you. I'll pray for you today Laurel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home