The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Need some prayers for a friend

It was posted on the TWBB that PennyIN's husband has lung cancer and it doesn't look good for him. Penny is a dear friend of mine that I was blessed to be able to meet at the Vegas gtg, and I'm so sorry to hear this. Burt has been sick for several months with a severe cough among other things, and over the summer Penny was telling me that she was terrified it was lung cancer. I'm so sorry that she was right. He's so young really and it's just so sad. Please pray your hardest for Burt and Penny. They don't have health insurance, and I know that Penny is just devatstated for one, and after that, she's scared silly about how they're going to pay for his medical bills and what she's going to do if he dies. I just wish I could be there to hug her. I just feel so sad for them.

If you want to send a card, there's an address on the TWBB in the Ask Teresa forum, and if you want to donate money for the Porters, please contact Teresa Wentzler for information. Maybe the BBs could chip in and get some money together for them with a Paypal account or something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home