The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Friday, October 22, 2004

Just random stuff today

No politics today, I promise. Although there's plenty to talk about!

Anyway, I had an interview yesterday. It went ok I think. I don't know that I'll get offered the job, but who knows. What I don't understand is how an interviewer can make a decision when they haven't asked any questions of the candidate. I left the interview feeling like she didn't really have anything to base a decision about me on. :\ I should find out over the weekend.

I've been feeling a bit ignored in general lately. But apparently I'm not the only one who has trouble getting people to comment in her blog! What is it about comments that people don't do it? And then I've posted several topics across a few boards that didn't get much response. I just feel that no one is listening to me in general:( It may be a bit unreasonable and pity party-ish, but that's how it is. I have self-esteem issues, and often feel this way, but lately it's been worse.

Which leads me to another observation. On one BB, there's some complaint that the debate forum is too wrapped up in American politics, that all the threads are about the election and some of the international members feel a bit left out or uneasy in that forum. But now I understand why there's so much focus on it in the forum. No one wants to talk about anything else. The political topics get tons of response and the non-political ones get only a few. Several non-political threads have been started in recent days and they just never go anywhere as far as any kind of discussion or debate.

I went to the mall after the interview yesterday and did a tiny bit of shopping. Joann is evil, and I bought a beginners quilt kit they had. I've always wanted a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, and this one said everything you need is included in the package except scissors. I don't have a working sewing machine, so doing this by hand will be interesting to say the least....I think I'll stick it in my rotation somewhere next year.

I also caved and joined a round robin. I couldn't help it! I already have some ideas for my layout too. This should be fun, I'm excited! But I see my commitment to no obligation stitching next year going out the window. I'm now in 2 RRs. But that's it! I swear! No classes (although I do see some EGA classes that look like fun), no gifts, nothing like that. I want to get my WIP pile down to a number smaller than my age.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home