The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Monday, October 25, 2004

Well, it's back to the working world for me

Temporarily at least. Last winter, I worked as a temp for a large law firm in LA. The project I was working on ended, and they laid us off, promising to call us back soon because they were expecting some more work soon. Well, that work didn't materialize, so I never heard anything and eventually I assumed it was over. Since then, I registered with a different agency, and they called me and asked if I would take another coding assignment at the same firm, so here I am.

I started today, and it's the same and it's different. The supervisors have changed, most of the people have changed, the work is a bit different, but it's mostly the same. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'll be surprised if it lasts until Christmas. But in the meantime, it's work, and income.

So this puts a major crimp in my plan to finish the chessboard this week. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do about that, but I guess I'll have to figure it out soon. Of course, I do need to finish my RR ornament first, as today was the mailing date and I'm now late.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Christine S said...

Great news about the job, Laurel! Maybe it'll turn into something more long-term. *crossing fingers for you* Keep going on that chessboard, from your post on the Rotation BB it sounds like you're really close to done!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Most excellent news about the job! Best of luck!

I had a lot of trouble getting comments when I first started blogging too. The memes helped a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home