The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Sunday, October 10, 2004

The end is in sight!

I can see the end of the chessboard now! I'm on row 7, and I'll probably do 7 and 8 together, like I did with 5 and 6. Then I just have to finish up a few odds and ends on a couple squares, do the crowns and the border and I'll be done! I'm hoping to be done by October 22, so stay tuned for a major happy dance. I'm so excited to be getting this over with and go on to my other pieces.

My eaten post has yet to show, so I'll repost some of it. The main thing is that I added a new thing to my sidebar, The Wisdom of Fran Fine. Fran Fine was Fran Drescher's character on The Nanny, and she has all kinds of odd bits of wisdom about fashion, makeup, children, all kinds of things. She cracks me up, so I thought I'd put some of it up for you. I'll probably change them once a week. I hope you get a kick out of it, and please feel free to comment if something strikes you.

My quest for that ever elusive outfit last weekend was a failure. After trips to 3 separate stores of a chain, I still couldn't find the outfit I was looking for. So I went in some other shops, and found a couple cute things, but since they weren't appropriate for an interview and quite a bit more than I wanted to pay, I passed. I did go to Walmart however, and came away with the exciting purchases of socks, underwear, bras, pantyhose, a new hairbrush and razor blades. No books, no CDs, no stash, nothing fun at all. Sigh. My mother, on the other hand, bought all kinds of stuff, totalling over $440! Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home