The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Silly Blogger

I typed out a post a few days ago, and when I hit publish, I got the stupid website not responding error message :( Last time this happened to me, the post showed up about a week later, so I'm hoping it happens this time. I think the Blogger people must be related to the EZboard people. If it doesn't show up, I'll repost the info.

Anyway, I caught the rerun of the debate last night. Cheney won hands down. Kerry's rhetoric doesn't sound any better coming out of Edwards's mouth than it did coming out of his own. But I will give Edwards points for being more likeable than Kerry.

I saw Bush's speech this morning. He was great - didn't stumble over his words, he was relaxed and coherent and right on target with his points - all the things he should have been last Thursday against Kerry. He even laughed and joked a bit. Sigh. Maybe on Friday.

So I went to this job fair yesterday - you may have read about it on a BB. It was the stupidest thing I've been to in a long time. After about the 5th time of being told "Our openings are on our website" I decided I had enough and left. If I was running a company and sending reps out to a job fair to find new recruits, I'd make sure they knew something about what I was looking for before they got there darn it! These reps didn't know what kinds of jobs were open or anything about it, except to direct people to the website. I could have done that from the comfort of my own computer! Grrrrrr.

Quick chessboard update and then I'll shut up for now. I'm almost done with square 20. I plan to finish that up today, and then put in some grid for the rest of row 6, so I can do squares 21 and 22 and finish 23. I've already done 24. I really need to spend a day or 2 just putting in grid, but it's boring. It sure would be nice to have it all done though.....the patterns would go really quick after that. For those of you interested in numbers:

Squares complete: 41 of 64
Patterns complete: 18 of 33 (I'm counting square 20 as complete)
Patterns partially complete: 3
I'm about 65% done with 24 days to go including today.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Christine S said...

Go Laurel!!! You'll definitely get that chessboard done. Maybe you could watch a movie while doing the gridding so it's not so boring?

I know what you mean about job fairs. My university has one every September, but I don't know of anyone who's ever gotten a summer/full-time job from it. Most of the time the reps the companies send are recent grads from the university who are now working for them...and like they'd be hiring anyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home