The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Saturday, September 04, 2004

The reorganizing continues

I'm cleaning/reorganizing my room. None of you have ever seen my room, but trust me, it's a large undertaking. My room is normally a disaster.

I started by picking up the floor, throwing out the trash, etc. My brother left some filing cabinets in the closet when he moved out, so I moved those out and into the other bedroom closet. I gained the space of half the closet! Woohoo! The trunk I have all my projects and kits in was standing on end on another shelf (more on that in a sec), but now it's flat on the floor in the new space. There's room on top for my boxes of fabric and beads and such. And there's still room to hang my shirts and other short clothes above it! Another section of the closet had double hung rods, I took the bottom one out, and now I have room to hang my dresses and other long things, plus a hanging thing for towels and shoes and such. And underneath is room for the laundry basket.

Now that shelf the trunk was on. It's the 3rd section of the closet. There's a shelf about 12 inches from the ceiling, a shelf about 12 inches under that, a shelf about 18 inches off the floor and nothing in between. I think it had shelves at one point but the previous owner took them out when they moved. :\ It's really like 4 feet of wasted vertical space. There's not even a rod or anything in there. I had my trunk on it, but now it has a small cabinet on the bottom, and my EGA hospitality stuff stacked on that.

As for the rest of the room, I got the floor vacuumed tonight. Woohoo! I'm playing around with desk storage and my shelvie thingy that doubles as an entertainment center, display space and storage. Tomorrow (Ok, later today), I'll finish the desk, and do something about the area between the bed and the wall. I'm almost done! Final decorating and happy dancing to come soon!

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Hey, that's awesome! Cleaning up is always such a refreshing chore, and how great you'll feel when you are done. (I need to clean my stash closet.) How are you going to redecorate?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger paculina said...

I have no idea Erica. My mom won't let me put nails in the wall, so that makes it tough to hang anything too heavy for tape. I think I'll put some stuff on my closet doors though, pictures and such. The doors are just plain white, and boring.

I'm trying to keep a few surfaces clear for picture frames and knick knacks and such. We'll just have to see how it works out. I have a bunch of figurines that I don't really know what to do with. I might just put them away and not use them for right now.

How's that for a decisive answer? lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home