The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Thursday, September 02, 2004

I'm back!

Apparently while I was playing with the colors on my blog the other night, I screwed up the tags. Blogger deleted my code. No code = no blog usable blog. But thanks to my buddy Annette, all is well again, so I'm back! :) Thanks Annette! I'm gonna have to go back and add my blogroll and imood thing and such back in, but at least I can write now!

All I have to say to day is it's HOT! Part of it is my house just holds the heat in, but it's hot outside too. Sometimes this city is so stupid. I live near the ocean, I could walk down there if I really wanted to. I also live near the airport with all the associated noise. Whoever built this building way back in 1977 (yep, the building is my age!) decided that we were near the ocean, we don't need a/c. More likely he decided it was cheaper to skip the a/c, but that's another story. Anyway, we do have double-paned windows to help with the noise, but with no a/c, you either open the windows to get air and put up with the airport noise, or you close the windows to shut out the noise and bake. :\ I do have a fan, and that helps, but if you don't open the window, pretty soon you're just blowing around the same hot air. (I'll refrain from making a smart remark here...)

So it's hot. Too hot to be moving furniture really, but I've done some of that. I moved my brother's filing cabinets out of my closet into the closet in the back bedroom. I gained half my closet back! Woohoo! It's just perfect for my trunk with my kits in it, and maybe my EGA hospitality stuff if I can squeeze it in there. It's not really as much room as I thought it was, but it's more than I had before.

I haven't really stitched much in a week. I guess I'm in a minor slump. I've done almost a quarter of Justyna's RR ornament and that's it. Nothing on the chessboard. I'm not too worried about the slump, except that the chessboard needs to get finished and I'm dragging on it.

Now I'm off to the Farmer's Market for a yummy crepe and a nice cold soda!

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Glad to help :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Yay! Glad you're back up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home