The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A meme today

I stole this from Ann, who stole it from Kirsten.

(1) The Works of Shakespeare: Only what was required in high school. Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet, MacBeth and some sonnets.

(2) Declaration of Independence: Probably somewhere in American History class.

(3) Mark Twain, Huckleberry Finn. It was assigned junior year in high school. I don't think I read it though.

(4) Poems of Emily Dickinson. Repeatedly. In high school. I had the same English teacher many times and every time I had him, I read Emily Dickinson.

(5) Poems of Robert Frost. A few poems here and there in college.

(6) Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter. In college.

(7) F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby. Twice in high school. Junior and senior year.

(8) George Orwell, 1984. Read Animal Farm freshman year, but never 1984.

(9) Homer, The Odyssey and The Iliad. I don't think so.

(10) Charles Dickens, Great Expectations & Tale of Two Cities. I know I haven't read Great Expectations, and I've seen the movie of Tale of Two Cities, but I don't think I've read the book.

(11) Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales. Excerpts, high school. Ick.

(12) J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye. Freshman year in high school.

(13) The Bible. Lots of it, yes. The whole thing, not yet. It's on my 101 in 1001 list.

(14) Henry David Thoreau, Walden. Probably in American Lit in college.

(15) Sophocles, Oedipus. No.

(16) John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath. I think we did excerpts junior year in high school and saw the movie.

(17) Ralph Waldo Emerson’s essays and poems. Probably some in college.

(18) Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass. No.

(19) Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice. No.

(20) Herman Melville, Moby Dick. No. Bartleby the Scrivener, yes.

(21) Anything by William Faulkner. No.

(22) John Milton, Paradise Lost. Excerpts high school.

(23) Vergil, The Aeneid. No.

(24) Plato, The Republic. No.

(25) Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto. No.

(26) Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince. No.

(27) Alexis DeTocqueville, Democracy in America. No.

(28) Feodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment. No.

(29) Aristotle, Politics. No.

(30) Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace. No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home