The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Analyze this

Do you believe in interpreting your dreams? Do you give them any value as insight into your life or your emotions? I'm not sure if I do or not, but I had an interesting dream and maybe you'd all like to interpret for me.

I was at an ATM, I think I was at work, and I was trying to get money out, but there was this guy there hanging around too close, like he was trying to get PIN numbers or something. He was making me uncomfortable and I kept telling him to stop, go away, but he didn't, so finally I decided to go inside. Well, for whatever reason, the line to the bank was outside, they were letting only a couple people in at a time. So I was standing there hoping to get done before my lunch was over, and who walks up but a couple I know, J and O. So I call out to them, and J (the guy) gives me an almost hug (like he was going to but then thought better of it) and says he heard I got picked up for CSO (my job title). They went and stood in the line, and the alarm went off right as it was my turn to go into the bank.

Now the real life story with J is that we were friends a few years ago, until he started dating O. Then he quit talking to me for whatever reason, my guess is it had to do with her. (Yes, I posted about this on the BB once I think.) I was laid off from that job, and I only saw him occassionally if I went to visit. About a year and a half ago, J had a stroke and the last time I saw him was when Anna and I went to see him in the hospital. I've heard through the grapevine he went back home to his family to recover and as far as I know, he's still there, he hasn't come back to work yet. In the dream though, he was perfectly fine, perfectly normal, same old J he was before.

Any thoughts?




You all might remember this post from a few weeks ago. Well, that following Monday I commented to her that she couldn't be absent anymore. She laughed. The backup guy did indeed transfer out this week (He seemed really happy to be leaving call center after 4 years, but not so excited about the project he was being assigned to...). So I overheard my supervisor telling her friend she was taking a vacation at Christmas. No! I already told her she couldn't take days off anymore! I teased her about it, asking her if she knows what will happen with her and him both gone??? She laughed yet again and told me she did know, I was just going to have to help out a lot. Sigh. She did remind me the call volume would be slow though. That'll be good.

As for backup, she did tell me a bit ago that she was going to ask me to help out when the our other friend was gone, so I think the unofficial backup title belongs to me. My other friend told me she thought she was going to rotate backup around through the team, so I don't know. That's not what I was told, so I guess we'll see what she does.

In other job related news, I will have been at my job for a year in January. Already a year! It went by quickly. That gives me 2 opportunities, and I'm not sure I'll take either of them, sadly enough. The first is to request a transfer. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought I would put in a request when I was eligible, and now would be an excellent time to do it as transfers are being granted like crazy due to mass hiring for call center and the upcoming round of promotions. Now I'm thinking I might stick around call center for a while. Mostly due to wanting the experience of backup, and I really like my current supervisor. But then I get weird and hard calls like I did on Friday and I wonder if I'm crazy.

The other chance is to go on the 9/80 work schedule, which would give me every other Monday off. That would be cool, but of course, I'd have to work an extra hour each day. I'm not crazy about that, but more than that, I can't really get there any earlier and I don't want to stay later. And of course, I don't want to change supervisors at the moment (if I were to come in earlier), so I might just stay on the normal 5/40 and just complain about being jealous every time Anna has her Monday off and I have to work, lol.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stitcher S said...

Not good at dream analysis, and maybe it's a good thing. My dreams are WACKY beyond belief.

Haven't seen you around lately, Laurel. Hope you are doing well.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home