The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NaNo update.

My official word count at the moment is 9014. I'm about 4,000 words behind schedule at the moment. Chris Baty would say my inner editor caught up with me and insisted I get this one scene exactly right before moving on. I finally did finish it and now I'm moving on. For some reason, love scenes are quite fun to write!

Without giving away too much, the basic plot (well, as I originally conceived it, but this is likely to be a less important plot point than I intended. Characters, thankfully, are good at telling their own stories.) was about an office romance where the couple is trying to keep the office from finding out but it isn't working so well. I do have some of that, and will likely add more, but other things have developed, and I'm not sure what direction it's leading in.

I've learned my main female character, Olivia, is a breast cancer survivor who has had a mastectomy. She and her boyfriend Adrian have a very good relationship at the moment and are incredibly happy together, but I've come to believe that there's going to be something, and I'm not sure what yet, that threatens their relationship and puts her in a situation where it's critical that she trusts him. I'm not sure if it's going to be related to the cancer or what, but it'll be fun to find out!

I'm also trying to work out a subplot for Olivia's best friend Eden. She was dating a guy, but he broke up with her and I'm not really sure what will happen with her.

So the march towards 50,000 words continues....8 days down, 22 to go.

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Stitcher S said...

How is it going this week? Any more words written?

Sounds like a fun time, Laurel!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Ooooo this sounds so exciting and you have lots of plot lines to follow already!!! I'm sure you'll get caught up, just tell your 'editor' to hush until you finished writing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home