The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Monday, March 27, 2006

News flash: This isn't Mexico

Despite what Channel 62 and some organizations counting LA's mayor among their members may think, Los Angeles is not in Mexico. It's in the United States. This is America. If you want to enjoy the benefits and opportunities that come with life in this country, then fly the US flag, not the Mexican flag.

I saw at least 2 people flying Mexican flags on the way home today. I know it's directly connected to the immigration protests over the weekend, but again, I say this is not Mexico. If America is such a wonderful place to be and you're willing to wait through the immigration process or risk your life to come over the border, then be an American. Learn our language. Obey our laws. Fly our flag. Be an American. Don't come here and live off our resources but maintain allegiance to Mexico.


I was sick this weekend. Sigh. My ribs started to hurt because I've been sneezing and coughing so much. I was thinking about stitching, but it just didn't happen. I didn't even feel quite awake for a lot of the weekend. And then my voice started going out. I work in a call center, answering the phone. Greeeeaat. It was interesting this morning, I kept asking my callers if they could hear me since I felt like I was whispering. By the afternoon, I think I sounded better. I feel almost normal now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home