The Purple Needle

I finally have a blog! This is my place to discuss my job search, my stitching, my addiction to the internet and whatever else crosses my mind! So stay, read, stitch and chat with me :)

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

My new blog!

I did it! After weeks of reading other people's blogs, I started my own. Wow, this html stuff is tricky! But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, and no doubt I'll call on my good friends at the Rotation board for help. Lots of help. Karen, Annette, Carleen, you've been warned!

So I should introduce myself. I'm Laurel. I live in Los Angeles, CA with my mom. At the moment, I'm looking for a job and it's painful! I hate it and I hope it will be over soon. *Shameless plea here* If anyone knows anyone hiring in the legal or admin fields, please let me know!

My favorite hobby of course is cross stitch, which no doubt you'll hear a lot about here. My current focus is on my Chess Anyone? blackwork class with the EGA. I'm working it in Anchor 102 purple, and I'm about 1/3 done with it and need to get a move on it to get it done by October. I'm also squeezing in the ornament RR (which no doubt you'll hear more about if you're not already sick of it yet!) and Savannah's Curtsy for the time being.

Some of my other poor neglected hobbies are crochet, reading, writing, and playing the violin. They've all suffered at the hands of cross stitch, and because I just spend too much time on the internet! I was so much more productive before I had a computer......

So that's me. I'm going to go back to playing with my new toy here and I'll post some more later.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Great to see you blogging, Laurel! Looking forward to getting to know you even more!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

HI Laurel, Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I'll add you to my bookmarks and blogroll if I ever get it working again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home